We are seeking contributors in this new stage of the Groundation Grenada blog. From our small start in 2009 we have organically grown over the years and now we have 721 subscribers with more joining our virtual village everyday. Now we are officially putting out the call for Groundation Writers. We want to create a platform for the diverse voices of youth from across the Caribbean (including the diaspora). We encourage contributions from budding and established writers, poets, artists, farmers, musicians, educators, students and anyone passionate about share their vision of the world.
Groundation Grenada is committed to being a safe space, valuing each person, irrespective of sex, race/ethnicity, religion (or ‘lack’ thereof), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, abilities or background.
All contributions will require writing, even visual/audio pieces will need to include a statement, reflection or critique. You can make one contribution or become a regular Groundation Writer. We encourage innovation and initiative, and fully welcome your ideas. Here are a few ideas that we think would elevate the blog, just to get your creative juices flowing.
Perhaps pose a particular question, the answers to which, will form a series of posts. For instance:
- Who are the faces of the emerging music scene in your community?
- What historical photographs/documents/letters/music can you find & what are the story behind each?
- What are some badass blogs/websites that people should know?
- Who are some of the people in your village/school/club that inspire you?
- What are some innovative approaches to economic/social/agricultural development that you see as viable?
- What is a youth perspective on local/regional/intl politics?
Why become a Groundation Writer?
- An opportunity to be published globally
- Audience of 661 subscribers and growing daily
- Share your own projects & links in your bio
- Get quality traffic on your blog/website
- Build your credibility
- Develop your writing
- Add experience to your resume
- Grow your Voice!
Who is Eligible to become a Groundation Writer?
- We are particularly interested in engaging Grenadian, Caribbean and diasporic voices but all are welcome.
- Budding and established writers, artists, musicians, farmers, researchers, students, activists, educators and community members.
How to become a Groundation Writer?
Please read our manifesto and vision (on sidebar) as well as peruse our articles so you know wha we ’bout. If Groundation sounds like it is the space for you, start thinking about your ideas for contributions. Then contact us:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. Also share what you might be interested in contributing and why. (200 – 300 words)
- Please include a sample of your writing and/or creative work. (If available)